Thursday, January 22, 2009

In love, as always

Sometimes life has its way of pulling the rug beneath you, telling you that no matter how much composed you are, no matter how able you are... you can still be brought down. It was, in no way, humiliating, but it tugged at the guilt strings in my heart. It was like slowly becoming aware of this other person beside me and yet insensitive altogether.

I'm sorry. Where would we be now, had temptation been any stronger, had I have been any weaker, had you been less loving?

There was a hug, a kiss, a few tears. To be reprimanded not out of anger, but of common sense. To be reminded that I am now bound to this person. This lovely, beautiful person (despite his imperfections). That we were in this together.It's such a lovely feeling. Like I've fallen in love for the first time.

I've read in a book that sometimes, couples are tested. If so I think we passed this one.