Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Antagonize: Ants and Agony

I have this bad habit of eating anywhere - especially in my room. I had another uncomfortable night in my bed last night as I realized, too late, that the small bag of cashew nuts I was munching which I placed almost beneath the pillow I was resting my head on while I was reading *breathe* had been found by little critters! The horror of the ant trail in my bed made me snatch the small plastic without a thought and - as I do with other things that I still want to eat despite the fact that ants had feasted upon it - put it in the refrigerator. I tried to shake the ants off by throwing the plastic lightly in the fridge, and I felt triumph upon seeing some of the ants that fell off the cashew bag wither and curl in death.

But there were far too many ants! I tossed the small bag into the freezer and waited for a minute or two. Upon close examination again, I thought that the ants were far too many to kill in one freeze ray, so I just left the goodies in the chiller. Which is fine, because that means I still have cashew rations for tomorrow.

When I came back to my room, the trail of ants was still there. And I was already sleepy! *groan* Upon looking around I saw the small insects changing their course, marching towards something beside my bed - the trashcan. My peanut butter cream sandwich cookies' wrapper still had, apparently, some peanut butter goodness in it, and was now being reaped by the pesky hardworking ants. I quickly threw my trash away into the garbage can outside, and went back to my room. I tried to clean up a bit, but there were still the occasional ant that miraculously ends up crawling on my arms, my neck, my face - as if they've decided to tour around my body. I guess I really had to share my bed with the ants, as a punishment for habitual eating (and not cleaning up immediately) in my room.

The result was a sleepless night, with occasional ant bites in almost every imaginable place in my body - can you imagine getting bitten in the underarm? Just think about how itchy that is! *rolls eyes* Argh! I will kill your brethren you six-legged critters! *sprays Malathione*

No comments:

Post a Comment