Thursday, January 31, 2008

On the cartesian plane

I tend to analyze things profusely that love itself loses its depth, its taste. Perhaps I've been worried too much about what to use to draw a picture instead of finding a way to actually draw the picture. Slapping my own forehead, I told myself, how stupid of me to be too technical about love. It's like letting bread go stale without enjoying it.

Relationships expire. We can promise forever over and over again. But forever is an awfully long time. Indefinite is a far better word to define it. Forever is an indefinite period of time made finite by the choices we make. We can choose to end relationships, but not love.

Love will always be a constant value. I remember once I tried explaining to somebody how love and relationship can be plotted into a graph. It was geeky of me to attempt to postulate or theorize about love in such a mathematical way. Love does not belong to a set of lines, points and integers that fall on the X-Y axis. And besides, I hate math.

Tonight, I drew my X-Y axis, with what we could call, once again, an attempt to postulate and theorize about love. Maybe this time, I thought, I could find the right formula. But then I figured out, as I wrote his name on the point of origin, that there isn't any formula at all. I would like to get rational about doing that(Oh, how stupid of me to write his name instead of 0,0! I may have been thinking about him too much to cause such error.), but I don't want to get too technical about it, nor do I want to get too mushy about something that involves math. Axis mundi. He is the center of it all.

I told you I've been thinking too much. I told you I hate math.
But I haven't told him that I want to love him forever.

Maybe the time for that will come soon.

No comments: