Friday, January 25, 2008

Mental Cancer

My body clock is on Daylight Savings Time. But I'm not talking about an hour's adjustments here. I'm talking about sleeping in the afternoon and staying up all night. Which is cool, save for the fact that I'm not working in a call center under a graveyard shift anymore. I'd like to call it something nice, like "daylight savings time", but to hell with that and I'm just totally fucked. Not literally.

Rest is far from sleep. Rest is a luxury I cannot physically enjoy. Sleep comes easy, but with a troubled mind like mine, it's like sleeping with a ton of concrete above you-squishing you to death.

Worrying is like a mental cancer that bites and gnaws at you, but you never get eaten whole. And pretty much like jealousy, it's your own arrow killing you. My own arrow killing me.

No comments: