Sunday, May 4, 2008

Pyro Olympics

3rd World Pyro Olympics - Week 1
May 4, 2008 Germany vs China

It has been a regular habit for me to watch fireworks during Saturdays whenever I can or want to. It's usually free, and I'd sit by the sea wall in MoA while waiting for the 7pm fireworks to start.

May 3 was different though, since the 3rd World Pyro Olympics was held at the Esplanade behind SM Mall of Asia. We had to pay to get to our usual hang-out spot, but it was worth it because there were fire poi performers and dancers by the bay.

Both displays lasted for about 20 minutes each - with about an hour interval between them. While I failed to check who performed last, I think that it was better for me. Heart-shaped and spiral fireworks for the win! The finale was spectacular, too. A series of colorful fireworks spread from the right to the left, shaping an arc.

I must bring a camera next time.

No comments: